This is our fifth project covering Bruce Hornsby’s music since 2005, and possibly our best one yet. It’s being released as part of 2014′ s Daily Dose Day on Bruuuce.com, in aid of three very worthy causes…
- TWLOHA – To Write Love On Her Arms, for mental health care
- the Merlin Centre for Multiple Sclerosis care
- the ALS Association, in memory of Melissa Reagan Smith.
As with our previous ventures, there is absolutely no charge. We are inviting donations to any of our nominated charities if you enjoy what you hear, and feel it is appropriate. Links are across this website and Bruuuce.com.
Our artists have so kindly given their time, gifts and energy free of charge to contribute to this project, which I’m so grateful for. You can hear their talents for yourself, and I’d urge you to check out more of their own work. I’ve included their own website where they have one.
For those asking, the name Thick Custard is a play on Bruce’s current musical project, entitled “Sick B*****d”. We went for something less incendiary…!
We’d be thrilled if you’d please consider a donation to any of our causes. To do that:
- Use the yellow Paypal “Donate” button on Bruuuce.com (or above right) to donate to the charity of your choice or TWLOHA
- Use JustGiving to donate to the Merlin Centre for Multiple Sclerosis care
- Use FirstGiving to donate to the ALS Association (DC, MC and VA Chapter)
I also want to thank Mike Mendenhall for his graphic design on this project. You can check out more of his great work at www.mendybing.com.
If you have any questions of suggestions about this project, please contact Si Twining, who will get back to you as soon as possible.